The mission of the Jim Moran Heart and Vascular Research Institute is to participate in and lead cutting-edge, unique research trials to advance the care of patients suffering from heart and vascular disease. These areas of research reflect the traditional strengths and core values, and support the current and evolving strategies of Holy Cross Hospital.
It is also the Mission of the Research Institute to enlist the full support of the members of the Hospital's Medical Staff in an all-inclusive, interdependent, cooperative effort to generate and promulgate new knowledge regarding mechanisms and management of disease and the maintenance of health.
As a faith-based healthcare ministry, it is vitally important that we meet both our challenges and opportunities in the context of -- and in accordance with the Core Values of Holy Cross Hospital.
The Research Institute operates in accordance with the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services. Learn more about The Research Institute.
The Jim Moran Heart and Vascular Research Institute seeks to:
- Become the preeminent hospital-sponsored research institute in South Florida
- Advance the care of patients suffering from heart and vascular disease by participating in and leading cutting-edge, unique research trials
- Partner with national leaders in cardiovascular research by being a research site
- Affiliate with one or more major medical schools to provide cardiovascular research and clinical fellowships to deserving young cardiovascular physicians
- Develop a model for conducting research in a non-academic, community hospital.